[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Network Changes (fwd)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Network Changes (fwd)
- From: Robert Dinse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:54:26 -0700 (PDT)
- Newsgroups: lobby, announcements
- Resent-Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:54:39 -0700
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"m8P8K.0.oW6.ULBGx"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Summit replied to my inquiry:
> I'm not familiar with the pairing on 100-base-T, can
> anybody tell me what pins constitute pairs?
The pairs in 8-wire cable are 12, 36, 45, and 78.
Typically orange, green, blue, and brown, respectively.
(And this actually does make a slight difference, because the
rates of twist are all slightly different, and you want the
tightest twist on the most critical signals.)