Network Bouncing

     We had some more network bouncing when Chris came in and plugged his
laptop with 2.4.x Linux kernel into the LAN today.

     So now we know 2.4.x causes problems on our LAN with our particular router
and switch combination regardless of whether it's a Sparc or PC platform.

     I'm wondering if anybody might have any idea what may have changed in the
ethernet code between 2.2.x and 2.4.x that would break an N-way switched LAN.

     For some reason when a 2.4.x box is on the local LAN, the router sees
frequent carrier loss on the 100-base-T port that connects to a 24-port N-way
switch that all the machines connect to.