[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Maintenance Activity IP change for server...
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Maintenance Activity IP change for server...
- From: Nanook <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 06:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Newsgroups: lobby,announcement
- Resent-date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 06:03:07 -0700
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <V_eyFD.A.gzF.Kyt1AB@ultra1.eskimo.com>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
The maintenace activity to change the IP address on one server is completed. It took a bit longer than anticipated as eskimo, ultra5, and ultra6 would not unmount the exported file system in spite of the fact that I killed all of the processes I could find using it. Consequently, it was necessary to reboot those machines and because they could not unmount when rebooting, it took a long time before they timed out and booted. I did not turn down eskimo and install a disk because one of the drives I was going to use bit the dust while attempting to format, partition, and generally get it ready for service. I need to find some 40-pin 3-1/2 inch half-height SCSI disks at least 4GB, and 9GB is plenty for eskimo. Eventually, it will be replaced by an Ultra running Linux doing SunOS emulation, but for now I need to keep the hardware alive. Practically all new SCSI disks are 68-pin or 80-pin SCA, the old 40-pin stuff is hard to find.