[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: CPU Upgrade...
- From: Nanook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:56:41 -0700 (PDT)
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- Newsgroups: lobby,announcements
- Resent-date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:56:46 -0700
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <ooWa_B.A.8-B.tX4KDB@ultra7.eskimo.com>
- Resent-sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CPU upgrade for eskinews ended up being more complex than I thought. The Ross-180 CPU's required a ROM upgrade, but the ROMS were only provided for SS-10/SS-20, not the 4-ROM set for the 4/670. So I ended up moving the news machine to a spare SS-10 chassis I had totally forgot that I had and retired the 4/670MP which took more than I had originally anticipated. Meanwhile, the site that provides our newsfeed was also reconfiguring their machine. When ours came back up we were no longer receiving a feed. They've apparently borked something on their end and won't be able to fix it until tomorrow morning. So news is up here, and there is a dribble from a few minor feeds but our normal feed is down. You can read existing news, and post. We expect to get the incoming feed resolved tomorrow. -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- Eskimo North Linux Friendly Shells, Web Hosting, 56K/ISDN/DSL, 2-Week Trial! Internet access with real toll-free human help as low as $9.00 / month! See our web site: http://www.eskimo.com/ (206) 812-0051 or (800) 246-6874.