intro: dogman

Please take a moment to post an introduction. Tell us a bit about yourself and your interests. Thank you.

Moderators: Nanook, carl

dogman

intro: dogman

Postby dogman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:26 pm

My real name is Matt, I'm a self taught programmer and open source nut located in New Zealand. After applesoft basic the second language I learned was C using a set of notes from a guy called Steve Summit. The notes had a plug in them for an isp with "eskimo" in the name. So that's how I got here assuming it's the same place. The closest I've ever been to the pacific northwest is Vancouver island.

In the new year I'll be starting a computer science degree and working on my own project too which is around my domain seacliff.co.nz and aims to 1. do something useful for people in my community and 2. develop a modest income stream for myself because I'm so broke.

My computer experience is mainly C++ programming using the qt libraries. There are many areas where I lack knowledge eg networking, systems admin, web programming, so maybe I can pick up some tips here as I go.

Cheers, Matt.

wikki2

Re: intro: dogman

Postby wikki2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:32 pm

This is really nice to meet you

Nanook

Re: intro: dogman

Postby Nanook » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:20 am

Welcome Matt, this is the same place. Steve has hosted his C web site here for years. We've also got nine different flavors of Linux on shell servers and as many development tools as I can find and install so get a trial account and check us out.