Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 update

Technical discussions, how to do geeky things more efficiently.

Moderators: Nanook, carl

csaether

Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 update

Postby csaether » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:14 pm

The initial update for KB3093594 caused some problems, primarily, it appears, crashing when going into Calendar. Microsoft updated the update on the 17th or 18th (a couple of days ago) and it fixes the problem I encountered. The latest update is here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3093594.

Perhaps overkill, but before applying the new patch, I went into Control Panel/Programs and did a "repair" of Windows Live Essentials. Then I downloaded the above update, d-Mail.msp, and applied it. Somewhat confusingly, when you run it, it also says it is "repairing" Windows Live Essentials.

At any rate, calendar pops up quickly with crashing anymore. This is on Windows 10. Good luck, all.

Here is the note from the above link, as of shortly before kickoff Sunday, 12/20:
Known issues about this update
•Issue 1: After you install this update (that was released before December 17, 2015), you may find that the program crashes soon after start.
Solution: Microsoft has identified the cause and has released a fix that addresses the issue for affected users on applicable platforms. To fix this issue, install this update that's released on December 17, 2015.
•Issue 2: After you install this update that's released on December 17, 2015, you may experience mail sync issues.

This issue occurs because of a server-side problem. Microsoft is researching this issue and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.

kirass

Re: Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 update

Postby kirass » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks a lot for this informations