[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Network problems 6pm-6:30pm 5/13/98
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Network problems 6pm-6:30pm 5/13/98
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:34:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"eI-_6.0.Ok2.hgaMr"@mx2>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
The network problems were first caused by a "smurf" attack. I called
Sprint to block the ICMP while the attack was ongoing to maintain other
functionality. Sprint made an error in the access list and for a short while
blocked all traffic.
The access list has been corrected but incoming ICMP over one of our
blocks and this will impact the ability to ping remote sites.