[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tia1 2/17/99 3pm or so...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Tia1 2/17/99 3pm or so...
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:23:15 -0800 (PST)
- Resent-Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:23:20 -0800
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"PVJgU1.0.li2.8mzos"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Tia1 crashed around 3pm with a swtch panic. This is a kernel bug in SunOS
4.1.4 (or 4.1.anything) that causes an occasional but infrequent crash.
Unfortunately, it did not come up cleanly, the NIS database was corrupted and
had to be rebuilt. There were also some configuration problems that needed to
be corrected. This required several more reboots.