I apologize for the intermittant downtime and relatively slow response of the main web server, www.eskimo.com today. We are trying to migrade this machine to glibc and having some difficulties. Right now the web server is running using the compatibility libs and NIS appears to be misconfigured. It seems that the system is still trying to use the old NYS which never worked reliably, then when that fails it looks up using the new system which works, but that introduces a considerable delay when that happens. So I've put the password file back in place so that it at least works reliably slow while we figure this out. Using the compatibility libs slows the server and so pages are not loading as quickly as they should. I don't know where John's patches for Apache and what all modules were included, but once we find those and figure that out we'll get that issue fixed. When all is said and done, NIS is configured correctly and everything is re-compiled to use glibc directly, the end result is that it should go much faster.