[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
www / www2
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: www / www2
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:49:34 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:49:37 -0700
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"UEuKf2.0.nm4.mNtxt"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
The outages of web service early this morning were the failed result of
testing a kernel built with gcc 2.95.1.
Aaron, please put the old compiler back on www, Alan Cox was correct,
2.95.1 does not work for building stable kernels, at least not on SMP Sparc.
The machine that crashed was www and not www2 this morning but because
www2 NFS mounts some space from www, it locked up waiting on writing logs.