After two days in service, a new drive that we used to replace and enlarge the mail spool got real sick. I'm not absolutely sure if it's operator error (partitioned incorrectly - I suspect that is at least a contributing factor, or hardware). The long and short of it is, we have a new drive installed now to replace that drive. The new drive is an IBM, the one it replaced was Western Digital. I've never had an WD's fail in service before. At any rate; the good news is that we managed to recover all of the data so there should be no lost mail. Sorry this took so long, but partitioning, making file systems, and copying files on a 20GB drive takes a while, and repairing the /var/spool/mail partition on the old drive so that we could recover all of the existing spool files took quite a while.