Tacoma/Seattle/Everett 56k

     We have had complaints with respect to the Tacoma 56k lines for some time
but they have mostly been of an intermittant nature and difficult to track
down.  Yesterday and today the problem intensived, and today a defective T1
interface card was replaced.

     I made test calls before and after and this seemed to make a major
difference.  Specifically, not a single call I made before the card was
replaced succeeded, every call I made after it was replaced succeeded.

     This affected Tacoma more severely than Seattle or Everett because the
Tacoma hunting sequence starts on the box that was affected by the bad
interface card; but it also affected Seattle and Everett when enough lines were
busy that it hit this box.