[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Network Problems / DOS
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Network Problems / DOS
- From: Robert Dinse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 23:05:50 -0800 (PST)
- Resent-Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 23:05:55 -0800
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"qnfop2.0.Ef.ID3Uu"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
The first network lag around 10:45 PM PST 1/8/2000, was caused by a
denial of service attack in the form of a UDP flood saturating our links.
The second outage around 10:55 PM PST lasting approximately five minutes
was the result of Sprint incorrectly inputing an access list to stop the flood
and inadvertantly blocking all incoming traffic.