[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
UDP Packet Flood - Denial of Service Attack..
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: UDP Packet Flood - Denial of Service Attack..
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:13:02 -0800 (PST)
- Resent-Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 22:01:29 -0800 (PST)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"HkUgw1.0.mU3.rMNUu"@mx2>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
We are under a UDP packet flood denial of service attack. The persistance
of this attack has allowed us to chase it back to the source which is a library
computer in Victoria University (BC).
I am trying to get through to Sprint to block traffic from that site and I
have also contacted security there and they are going to try to get the system
shut down and investigate who is responsible.