[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Denial of Service..
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Denial of Service..
- From: Robert Dinse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:11:57 -0800 (PST)
- Newsgroups: lobby, announcements
- Resent-Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:12:08 -0800
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"E5LkH.0.-c1.N3Fsu"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
We were hit with a brief denial of service attack that exhausted network
buffers on eskimo. It was too brief to determine the exact nature of the
attack, but it looked like some sort of UDP flood, hitting random ports all
over the place. But no sooner did I get a netstat -a in on the machine when
it had stopped.