[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Chat
- From: Robert Dinse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 01:29:33 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 01:29:38 -0700
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"d20U_2.0.tu3.nLUIv"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat was just crashed with some sort of denial of service attack.
Whatever the attacker did, it ate up all the systems mbufs. ICMP and UDP are
blocked, so the attack had to be TCP based. It was also of sufficient volume
to come close to saturating two T1's.
I suspect a high volume SYN flood, but no way to tell after the fact.