[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mx1 - mail
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: mx1 - mail
- From: Robert Dinse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:52:57 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:53:05 -0700
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"yOCfz3.0.0I1.mGJTv"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Around 9:30PM, NFS stopped functioning on mx1, the server which holds the
mail spool files. As a consequence, mail was unavailable for about twenty
Could have rebooted it faster but I wanted to check for any corruption of
file systems that might have been responsible for the cause of the failure.
This machine is ordinarily extremely stable.