[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Eskinews...
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:19:55 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:20:01 -0700
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"33toS3.0.lQ7.VBqev"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
I've identified what went wrong with expire but not why. When expire runs it generates a list of articles to be removed. Normally this list is sorted, THEN expireover and fastrm are run. For some reason the file did not get sorted and it was trying to work from an unsorted file which is extremely ineffecient. I've killed the processes, sorted the file, and am now running them manually.