[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Is a server down?
- To: John & Peggy Banes <Banes@eskimo.com>
- Subject: Re: Is a server down?
- From: Robert Dinse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:42:27 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:42:38 -0700
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"N4YBO1.0.1h6.jn1lv"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, John & Peggy Banes wrote:
> I have been trying for a while this morning to get to ftp.eskimo.com and it
> doesn't seem to be there!
> I also couldn't get to www.eskimo.com either. The rest of the world seems to
> be ok.
> John Banes
It blew up earlier and scribbled a file system in a way that fsck couldn't
automatically fix requiring manual recovery which can be a slow process.