[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
www - SYN flood denial of service attack
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: www - SYN flood denial of service attack
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:54:31 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:54:36 -0700
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"a-Xx53.0.ZB.RQIpv"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
WWW is being hit with a SYN flood denial of service attack today. TCP
Cookies are enabled, but they do not seem to be doing an adequate job of
handling this flood.
I'm experiementing with some TCP parameters to see if I can't get it to
handle this situation a little better.