[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
File Server Death!
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: File Server Death!
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
- Newsgroups: lobby, announcements
- Resent-Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"2-31Q1.0.aR.xFmxw"@mx2>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
This morning Ultra1 died hard. It crashed and would not come back up, would not even make it through the prom diagnostics. It has been replaced with a brand new box, which has a faster disk controller, CPU, and a full duplex 10/100 ethernet so it should be faster. In addition, there is a problem with some of the Ultras with memory refresh with the newer DIMMS that the older machine suffered from but in theory this should not so hopefully this will improve stability. The disks were OK, so no data was lost.