[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
mx1 mail server - delayed mail
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: mx1 mail server - delayed mail
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 06:31:43 -0700
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"7f9BV2.0.vD2.z0UEx"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
Last night at some point sendmail died on mx1, the larger of two mail
servers that handle inbound and machine mail.
The remaining machine, which has less memory and CPU, was not able to
assume the full load and so some mail backed up. The mx1 machine has been
fully restored and is processing mail full tilt. By the time you receive this
message it should be pretty much caught up.