[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Packet Flood Denial of service
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Packet Flood Denial of service
- From: Robert Dinse <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 02:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Resent-Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 02:51:32 -0700
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-Message-ID: <"kEKXU.0.r6.a2LMx"@mx1>
- Resent-Sender: email@example.com
We are being hit with a denial of service attack on a number of our
hosts here at eskimo.com. We have three T1's and it is completely saturating
The flood consists of a huge number of small 48 byte SYN packets with
random source IP addresses.
I have involved Sprint, their ticket number is #482960.