We've replaced the FDDI backbone with a switched 100-base-T backbone but most of the machines are not hooked up 100-base-T yet, just eskimo and mail. Need to string a bunch of wire. The Ultra machines are all 100-base-T but not yet wired for it (I had just 4-wire wire, so all of the cable has to be replaced with Cat-5 which I am working on). When I went to change the wiring to the satelite adapter, it's the box that sits between the satelite receiver and the news machine, the 100-base-T connector fell off the net card. I attempted to solder it back on but now the SA won't boot, drive is making bad noises. I called SkyCache/Cidera and explained what happened and apparently this has been a common occurance with this particular unit and they're shipping the latest and greatest. In the meantime our satelite newsfeed is down, we get some over the T1's but there is no way the current news volume can be handled with anything short of a T3. And while all of this was going on, at some point the news server crashed. I don't know if it's because of something we did or it just thought we were having so much fun already it should join in. Anyway, it's presently going through the fsck's from hell. Changing the infrastructure from a combo of FDDI and switched 10-base-T to switched 100-base-T was necessary because Linux doesn't have good support for FDDI, and we have been migrating to Linux. I'm trying to migrate everything off of SunOS because it doesn't scale as well as Linux, doesn't run on modern hardware, and doesn't support IPv6 which eventually Sprint will route.