We had problems with name service between about 10:30 AM - 12:00 noon. Hosts become unreachable; and I queried every name server here and every one was not returning the proper information. Since I hadn't made any changes this morning I suspected something wrong with the root name servers. I queried the root name servers for eskimo.net and they worked, for eskimo.com they didn't return name servers. After 45 minutes on the phone with Network Solutions, they denied anything was wrong all along but about 45 minutes into the conversation queries for eskimo.com started to succeed. At that point I tried local nslookups, still failing locally. I restarted the name server on eskimo and still failed. Looking at the logs I found a couple of errors in the db.eskimo file and fixed those, after which it started to work again. So there were errors in the zone record on this end; but for some reason things seemed to work until for some reason the root name servers stopped talking this morning, at least to us. I don't understand why it worked up until that time, may have been because I restarted name servers trying to figure out what was going on. I've put in a request to transfer eskimo.com to gandi.net registry. I previously transferred eskimo.net and other domains to gandi.net and they all went smoothly. Being a friday and since all hell has already broken lose so to speak, it seemed like a good time.