Ultra1 reboot 2/24 3:15-3:30AM Pacific Time

     I had to reboot ultra1.

     I was writing backup tapes when the tape drive failed to respond and
the SCSI subsystem hung.

     I attempted to do an orderly shutdown but it only progressed so far and
then just stopped.  After waiting about five minutes it became apparent it was
not going to finish shutting down gracefully so I had to hard boot it at that
point which meant that file system checks would be necessary upon reboot.

     It took about 15 minutes total to get it back online.