Florida MegaPOP routing/latency

At 13:50 on 2002-05-21 the following was posted to Network Alerts:

Problem : Loss of Routing
Location: 998 - Regional, (Florida, South Florida and Miami)
Status  : Ongoing
Event   : Minor problem with the Network

Detailed Description:

Our provider is reporting a fiber cut which may take up to 6 hours to
resolve.  To allow routing at these sites we will re-route traffic through
another interface which may cause some latency while end users use the
limited bandwidth.  We will keep you posted as more information arrives
from our provider.  We will keep this temporary fix in place until our
provider reports that the fiber cut is resolved and we have fully tested it
on our side.

ETR: 6 Hours