MegaPOP Operator messages, UT/AZ (fwd)

At 16:52 on 2002-06-28 the following was posted to Network Alerts:

Problem : Operator messages
Location: 998 - Regional,
Status  : Ongoing
Event   : Major problem with DialUp

Detailed Description:

Upon further investigation with our telco, we have learned of a major,
nationwide outage affecting a large portion of their network.  At this
time, our provider is working with one of their vendors to troubleshoot and
resolve the issue.  During this outage users dialing into the Salt Lake
City and Phoenix POPs will experience operator messages when attempting to
dial in.  We will continue to post updates as we receive them.