[Megapop_alert] UPDATE: Operator messages - 998 - Regional, (fwd)

Attention MegaPOP Customer,

At 16:52 on 2002-06-28 the following was posted to Network Alerts:

Problem : Operator messages
Location: 998 - Regional,
Status  : Ongoing
Event   : Major problem with DialUp

Detailed Description:

Upon further investigation with our telco, we have learned of a major,
nationwide outage affecting a large portion of their network.  At this time,
our provider is working with one of their vendors to troubleshoot and resolve
the issue.  During this outage users dialing into the Salt Lake City and
Phoenix POPs will experience operator messages when attempting to dial in.  We
will continue to post updates as we receive them.

ETR: none