star.eskimo.com SMTP server still unreachable

     The star.eskimo.com SMTP mail server at Star Interet Communications is
still unreachable.  This affects users using telia and UUNET and StarPOP if you
are using the star.eskimo.com.  I am unable to get any meaningful explanation
other than "we're working on it" and their tech got rather short with me when I
pressed for details.

     The only work-around I can offer for UUNET and Telia customers at this
point is that if you have a mail client that can accept a port specification,
use mail.eskimo.com port 2525.

     If you are on StarPOP, you may be able to access mail.eskimo.com on port
25.  I'm not sure which POPs have filtering and which don't presently.

     Also, you can telnet to eskimo.com and use pine or any of the other shell
mail programs to send e-mail.