Re: Telia Outage

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Robert Dinse wrote:

>      Telia backbone connectivity appears to be down.  There was a fiber cut
> last night that this may be related to.  I've called in a trouble ticket to get
> the repair process started but do not have an ETA at this time.

Latest word I have (shortly before 8am) is that hardware has been replaced
at the fiber repair location, but that the replaced equipment also caused
some burnout of optical amplifiers.  They're waiting on replacement parts
to bring that junction up and running ASAP.  Still no ETR, but calling to
try to escalate this, I heard that it's already at the top tier with both
Telia and the equipment manufacturer, etc.

Telia is rerouting traffic from the failed circuits to another, and hope to
have that up by 12 noon Eastern (about an hour from now).