[Megapop_alert] UPDATE: Routing Loss - 056 - Rockford, IL (fwd)

Authentication and routing problems are occuring in the MegaPOP network in
the Rockford, IL area (which includes Loves Park, IL as well).  Chicago and
other areas of IL do not seem to be affected.

-----

At 09:49 on 2002-10-04 the following was posted to Network Alerts:

Problem : Routing Loss
Location: 056 - Rockford, IL
Status  : Ongoing
Event   : Major problem with the Network

Detailed Description:

Users dialing into Rockford will not be able to authenticate due to our circuit
being down.  Our provider is aware of this issue and are in the stages of
resolving it.  Although no ETR has been determined, we are pressuring our
providers to expedite this issue.

-----

At 14:05 on 2002-10-04 the following was posted to Network Alerts:

Problem : Routing Loss
Location: 056 - Rockford, IL
Status  : Ongoing
Event   : Major problem with the Network

We have escalated within our provider to management level to try and speed
up the process here. The carrier has found the problem but seem to be
lagging on the fix. We will continue to push them for resolution and any
new information will be posted.