MegaPOP intermittent failure Seattle area

There was an intermittent authentication failure on MegaPOP lines this
morning in the Seattle/Everett/Tacoma area.  One of the boxes that
processes the PPP connectivity was failing until it was reset when I caught
it "live" and called it in.  This was affecting the old 'classic' MegaPOP
(5086#####, no "@" extension) connections, but may or may not have been
affecting our own radius-based ones as well (***@mp.eskimo.com).  All boxes
are funtioning properly now, a few minutes after I called it in and they
caught the same symptoms; apparently they say the box reset itself to a
different configuration at about 5am (perhaps Central time, or 3am here),
while the rest were still connecting correctly during this timeframe.