[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Authentication Failures and Packet Floods...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Authentication Failures and Packet Floods...
- From: Nanook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:41:20 -0800 (PST)
- Resent-date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:41:25 -0800
- Resent-from: email@example.com
- Resent-message-id: <"K1E9v.0.1c2.rhg_z"@mx1>
- Resent-sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
We experienced a couple of service problems this evening. Around 18:30 Pacific time, we were hit with a SYN flood directed at one of our router interfaces that was sufficiently intense that it caused the router to reboot. Later, we had some intermittant authentication problems that resulted from disk space exhausting on one of the Radius servers. The radius servers are duplicated, the problem is that it remained up but gave bad login responses to good logins so the comm servers didn't fall back to the other server.