Outage 7:30AM 1/5/2003

     I had to take down a switch that is central to the entire network here,
ties all of the equipment together, in order to replace a couple of failing
fans before more serious damage resulted.

     This took somewhat longer than expected because the vendor didn't tell me
the fans had press-in sleeves that the mounting screws threaded into and that
these sleeves were not present on the replacement fans and had to be removed
from the originals and installed in the replacements.  Not having any advanced
knowledge of this, I didn't have the proper tools and had to improvise with a
large set of vice grips.