Eskinews freeze/reboot

Eskinews, the NNTP and UUCP server, suffered an attack of acute
kernelphobia (kernel panic), resulting in a sedative (ungraceful reboot)
from the resident caregiver (me).  Tests were administered, followed
immediately by medication and observation; the patient should be ready for
visitors (connections) later this afternoon.

The manually-started disk scan should be the usual 3-4 hours, unless it
restarts itself after finding too many errors.  I'll keep an eye on it.