Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:23:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Julie Peoples
Subject: Cidera news and caching services terminated

We regret to inform you that Cidera has discontinued its
netnews and caching services effective immediately.

We wished to provide you with more advanced notification of
this termination of service, but unfortunately we were not
able to do so.

The current economic situation has been difficult for us and
for our customers, and we wish all of you the best of luck and
good fortune with your businesses. Everyone at Cidera feels it
has been a privilege to serve you.

As we shut down the satellite transmission for the last time,
some of the technical staff has formulated this brief Haiku.

    Softly like a Leaf
    The Autumn of Cidera
    Dishes fall silent

If you have any questions about this, we ask that you email them
to  noc@cidera.com  and we will get back to you as soon as we can
with information.  We will be sending another email to you about
your Cidera equipment.

Sincerely and with best wishes,

Doug Humphrey
President