[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Various Issues...
- From: Nanook <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:09:14 -0700 (PDT)
- Resent-date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:09:20 -0700
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <"wvUDE1.0.J-5._Lnn-"@mx1>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
On our own POPs, ports have been added to Seattle and Las Vegas, and address assignment problem in LA is fixed. On national networks, primary Radius at the reseller for alleron, qwest, and inerpop failed yesterday around 4pm, was down intermittantly for about three hours. It was discovered at that time that authentication did not roll over to the secondary server properly as it should have. This issue is being worked on and may necessitate a few short tests where the primary server is intentionally taken out to make sure rollover to the secondary works properly when the existing problems are believed to be fixed. If all goes well this should not be service impacting except to cause a short delay (approximately five seconds) during authentication. If all does not go well, it may cause some brief interruptions in authenticating on these national networks but it is in the interest of making sure redundant measures work properly to prevent a reoccurance of a longer outage.