Emergency Upgrades - Service Interruptions

     I found out today that the reason for the short time frame on the Sprint
IOS upgrades is that a major vunerability has been found in Cisco's IOS that
required an immediate upgrade.

     That same vunerability is going to require upgrades to our POPs and
various vendors that we use that use Cisco equipment.

     Because the amount of equipment and networks connected is so vast, you can
expect that there will be intermittant connectivity and packet loss pretty much
across the entire Internet.

     When the comm servers are reloaded, it will result in all stable calls
being kocked down, an outage period of 6-7 minutes, then you will be able to
re-establish the call.