ultra1 reboot

     I am going to reboot ultra1 to load a new kernel at approximately 12:45 AM
PST.  This will probably take about fifteen minutes.

     During this time, shell server will freeze on disk I/O for up to
approximately 15 minutes, but if you wait through it it should resume where it
froze.

     POP mail retrieval and web hosting will also stop during this interval.

     The reboot is necessary in order to load a new kernel to fix an issue with
the size of the tape buffer in Linux.  The default is not sufficient for
effecient backups with the drives we are presently using.