Re: Unkown error reading news groups

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Chris Dailey wrote:

> user (wolf) using Outlook Express eskinews.eskimo.com getting unable to
> read news groups unknown error. Says couldn't get news Friday, was able to
> on Saturday and Sunday nad now is getting error again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Chris Dailey

     History got corrupted.  I attempted to do some things which remove bad
entries and then sync history with the spool on friday but it failed.

     I've had to blitz the history and rebuild from scratch, a slow process
owing to the fact that there are approximately 8 million articles on the box.

     The rebuilding of the history database is still in progress.  The
alternative would have been to blitz all the articles.