Crash of Ultra1

     I crashed ultra1 this evening experiementing with parameters for backups.

     After much problem with Exabyte DN8500C 8mm drives causing lost data, I
purchased a DLT drive for backups.

     In order to really make effecient use of the DLT drive, some software
parameter changes were necessary.  Larger blocks result in better compression.

     Using 1MB blocks worked fine for write, but when reading it overran the
SCSI controller crashed the box.  Using 512k blocks is working fine so
shouldn't be any further crashes.