[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Power Outage...
- To: Nanook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Power Outage...
- From: Eskimo North Support <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:54:37 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <Pine.GSU.email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Resent-date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:54:46 -0800
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <"jZGFy3.0.E37.5Q8y_"@mx1>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Nanook wrote: > > We had a short power outage but owing to NFS interdependencies and file > system damage on our main file server it took a while to get everything back > up. > > As I write this everything is back up with the exception of the news > server which takes a very long to bring up after a crash owing to the time it > takes fsck to run on the spool. The news server had a failure to properly see the drive that contains the spool (and libs) for news, and was frozen when I came in this morning; after a number of attempts, I left the machine and drive bays shut down to cool off before trying it again, and it is now seeing the drive and running the scans mentioned earlier. ETR a few hours, but I'll keep an eye on it in case it needs to restart manually. ~ Eric
- Power Outage...
- From: Nanook <firstname.lastname@example.org>