Re: Bob

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Kamotz wrote:

> My email will not send to addresses with yahoo.com or aol.com
> Any idea's ?
>
> The mail server is claiming to not know the user all of a sudden. These are
> only time friends
>
> This just began last night
> Always K

     We've been attempting to do some things with the mail infrastructure here
which include:

	1) Implimenting pop-before-smtp and eliminating the ident requirement.

	2) Half the servers are on a Sun/OS platform, half are on Linux,
	   we're trying to get them to all Linux.

	3) Retire some antique hardware that is till in service.

     Amoung other things this entails replacing the old client mail server
which is on an SS-10 running SunOS 4.1.4 with the latest version of sendmail
on an Ultra2 running Linux.

     The new sendmail has significantly changed the configuration files and
pop-before-smtp also requires some conf changes.

     We thought we had it all figured out, but when we went live with it some
problems surfaced so we're now back to the old SunOS based server until we can
figure it out.