[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
News is finally fixed!
- To: Steve Summit <email@example.com>
- Subject: News is finally fixed!
- From: Nanook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:21:14 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: email@example.com
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Newsgroups: news.admin.misc,lobby,announcements
- Resent-date: Tue, 18 May 2004 15:21:28 -0700
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <C4L_G.A.aIF.oxoqAB@ultra1.eskimo.com>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
News posting is finally fixed. It turns out newsfeeds.com has one person that can actually fix things and they've been out of the country for the last three weeks and just return. Before that he was off putting servers in a new co-lo facility. They had me send posts to a different server and now they do appear to get out, I'm getting responses from reflectors showing the path through that server. Because of all the difficulty we had getting newsfeed.com to fix the ability for our posts to get out to the outside world, I am looking for another site that would be willing to accept local posts and propogate them from our site. Eskimo North (eskimo.com) is a small ISP with a shell server. The volume of posts here isn't large and the amount of spam will be low as all of our customers are voice validated before they are given accounts (they leave a name, phone number on an application, and we call back to make sure we can reach someone by the name given at the number given who confirms they requested the account). Thus the anonymity that spammers prefer isn't present here. If you'd be willing to do this for you (and we'd be willing to reciprocate), in order to improve redundancy and thus reliability, it would be much appreciated. If so please e-mail nanook AT eskimo DOT com. Thankyou.