DOS Attack/Virus

     About 9:45PM PST we experienced some sort of attack aimed at one of our
customers websites that temporarily overloaded the server causing an
interruption in some services.

     I'm not really sure if this was a manual attack or a new windows virus.
The site that it targeted was 'www.pure-mac.com' but it was trying various
Windows files which really suggests an infected Windows machine trying to find
other Windows based web servers to infect and beating them severely in the
process.

     It definitely wasn't just a surge in normal traffic it was trying
screwball non-sensical URL's, mostly related to Windows operating system files.

     I've changed some parameters to restrict the amount of resources that can
be consumed, but this will not stop a similiar attack from affecting web
services.