[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Web/FTP Server Maintenance 9/13 around midnight...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Web/FTP Server Maintenance 9/13 around midnight...
- From: Nanook <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:09:30 -0700 (PDT)
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Newsgroups: announcements,lobby
- Resent-date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:09:33 -0700
- Resent-from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resent-message-id: <5ZKXBC.A.tLE.cFQRBB@ultra7.eskimo.com>
- Resent-sender: email@example.com
Around midnight on 9/13 I plan to take the web server down briefly to install more RAM. We had a server crash friday early evening that basically resulted from memory exhaustion. I've ordered additional RAM to double the amount in the server and that is supposed to arrive monday. Assuming it arrives on time and there are no other issues preventing it, I will be installing this memory around midnight. This should only take about 1/2 hour downtime total and will affect web and ftp service during this time but should not affect shell, mail retrieval, or other services.