IRC Outage January 6th PST

     ELI will be doing an upgrade to their frame relay switch network on
January 6, 2005 at 11pm pacific time which is expected to take circuits down
for 2-3 minutes.

     We use a frame relay circuit to throttle incoming bandwidth to IRC servers
in order to limit DOS attacks to a level that doesn't totally swamp our router
and disrupt other traffic.

     This will interrupt that traffic and cause our IRC servers as well as
services to be unreachable during this maintenance interval.

     This ONLY affects IRC, it does not affect, web, ftp, mail, shell, or any
other traffic.