News

     We lost power last night, most of our servers were at a co-location
facility and were not affected, but there were a handful that are still here,
including our news server, that were.  We brought most back up under generator
power but due to the lengthy time it takes to clean the news spool partition
(4-5 hours), it did not get returned to service last night.

     The fsck has completed and now innd is doing a renumber which is where it
makes sure that the article count it has in it's active file actually matches
what is on the spool disk so that when it files future articles it does not
create any duplicates.  This process typically takes about 1/2 hour and after
that is complete normal news processing should resume.

 Eskimo North Linux Friendly Shells, Web Hosting, 56K/ISDN/DSL, 2-Week Trial!
    Internet access with real toll-free human help as low as $9.98 / month!