Mail Slowness

     Gmail has initiated some sort of virus scanning system that returns
virus infected mail to the server that sent it.

     This is incorrect behavior, it should immediately reject the mail, but
other software that does post-processing at least returns to the listed MX
servers for the domain in question, but Gmail doesn't even do that.

     This change on their part combined with procmail rules of one of our
customers that copies mail to his Gmail account, caused a massive mail loop
that resulted in some 29,000 items being backed up in queue.

     We have implimented rules preventing gmail from sending to our outbound
server rather than the listed MX servers and are in the process of clearing
out these bounce mails from queue.

 Eskimo North Linux Friendly Shells, Web Hosting, 56K/ISDN/DSL, 2-Week Trial!
    Internet access with real toll-free human help as low as $9.98 / month!